Sunday, December 20, 2015

RV Updates

So I haven't really talked about this a whole lot, unfortunately I've lost my job. What has been a hobby for the past month or so is suddenly becoming vital to living. While I might have some disagreement for why I was fired, the fact is that I have been fired. Apparently I owe unemployment for my last job. They paid me, then the job appealed and suddenly I don't qualify anymore. So I owe something like two thousand to them. This is why I really need to read mail, instead of blithely assuming it's all junk. There's nothing for it but to move onward.

Officially, we are looking at getting this trip on the road, as soon as possible isn't soon enough anymore. So, as things stand we're looking at ways to make money online AND on the road, although I expect this income to supplement whatever alternative income I can get. The goal is still, eventually, to base out of Seattle. Right now we want to start, for the east coast, based out of WV. We're wanting to head north first, working up through Virginia to Maine, then taking another route back to WV before heading south to Florida. I'll grant, right now it's all dreams... but what is life worth if you don't have a dream, or a goal to shoot for?

One other thing we've been looking at is mobile internet. Satellite is the worst, but we haven't ruled it out. We're thinking about a mobile hot-spot, and using free wireless at various places to keep our bandwidth uses down. I've heard about a few that are supposed to be really good, but we're in the researching stage still. Time's about up though, and just in time for the holidays. Some days, it really doesn't pay to get out of bed. Our youcaring site is on my sidebar, donations are welcome. Happy holidays, everyone, I hope yours are as amazing as you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment