Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry holiday!

For us, it's Christmas. Oh. I'm fond of the Yule tradition... buy a tree, a real, honest to god pine, leave the log in the backyard for a year then burn it at next year's Yule... But they are messy, real trees, and my sister is allergic to pine. So, while I've been staying with her I haven't followed the tradition. I can hardly wait for Erin's first time burning the Yule log! She doesn't know, I haven't told her, but she reads my blog so I suppose the cat is out of the bag so to speak.

I know the holiday is about giving, which is a nice thing, but everyone always wants to know "What did you get?" My response is easy enough. I got some PS4 games, a new controller, an A&W mug collection, some books and a sword. Damascus steel is so very pretty, but this baby is combat ready. I had an old Marine Ka-bar, I've had it for a decade and it was old when I got it, but... Well, it just felt like the time to pass it on. It's something I knew my dad would like, so I made it a gift. Me and Erin gave away some of her hand made bracelets, some Perler Sprites, a LeapPad2, some Star Trek ship model kits, game controller, Nerf gun, and a Halo Warthog my nephew has been eyeballing for the last year or two. Good times!

I don't know how you spent your Holiday this year, but I do hope it was spent with people you love. This year we got rain in West Virginia, but I know it's snowing in Seattle. Ashby, a friend, shared a video on Facebook. It looked crazy! My brother in law, Bruce, was able to get down this year with his Sam. Warren's here with his boys, one of my sisters, all the kids... It's nice. I could wish my brother and my other sister had been able to get down, but I don't really expect them anymore. I hope they're having a great day. Merry met my friends, and a happy parting! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment