Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Long term goals.

Hello again, everyone! As you know I'm still relatively new to blogging. My old site, eandyil.wordpress.com is still active at this time, but I'm moving here. Speaking of moving, and long term goals, I'm going to give you all some information about me and my life-mate/fiancè Erin. I know this feels a little disorganized, but I promise to bring it all together. Right, moving on.

We've all lost people. We've lost people to murder, violence, disease and just plain old natural causes. We've lost a double handful between us, and we try to honor our lost, but I'm going to tell you a little bit about her father and my aunt. My aunt's name was Elizabeth Lynn Therkildsen, and she passed away from cancer. She'd done many things in her life, short though it was. She was in the Army when I was very young, but her big dream was travel. After she got out, she became a stewardess to continue seeing other countries. She used to bring back foreign coins all the time. She once said that she'd like to hit every state, but she wanted to hit every country as well. She sure did get the chance to visit a few, but she never got to spend a lot of time there. I know I'm not likely to see all the countries like she wanted to, but I do think visiting the states shouldn't be a problem.

And then there's Erin's dad. His name was Steven Culhane and his dream was pretty straightforward. He wanted to buy an R.V. and spend a few days visiting each state in the U.S. When I asked Erin about Hawaii, she pointed out that he'd talked about taking some kind of boat to get over there. So what we're planning to do is honor both my aunt and her dad by living his dream, and also visiting each of the States. Since driving to Alaska would mean driving through Canada, we can even visit another country on the way. Hawaii is not currently on the list, but the simple truth is that if we get enough money figured out then sure, we'd love to spend a day or two down there. By the same token, we'd love to see the world like my aunt dreamed of doing. Japan, Britain, Norway, Sweden, even Russia would be awesome. However, we've agreed to start small. So, the first goal is to buy an R.V. we can live in for an extended length of time in. We're thinking solar panels on the roof as well, this way we can save money as much as possible on costs once we hit the road. Our end goal is Seattle, Washington. Aunt Lynn lived in a few places, but whether you count it as from L.A. or Phoenix it's still deserts. I remember her saying how much she liked trees and greenery, so Seattle is the plan!

So, before I posted this I found that my Erin has started a fund for this. If any of you would like to donate to the cause, well we won't say no. I'm sharing the link here.

https://www.youcaring.com/erin-culhane-steven-moynier-479080

No comments:

Post a Comment