Monday, December 14, 2015

RV Ideas: An update

The last RV post is featured on the right, over there, with the link to the fundraiser site. Donations are welcome and just in time for tax season. I'm not assuming it's going to work at all, but I'm not going to be upset if it does. Now then, we've got some updates! I was asking mom more about my Aunt Lynn, places she specifically wanted to see and so on. A new goal is to buy a tile from the capital city of each State, also from DC if we can get it. When we finally move into a house, we're going to use these tiles in the kitchen to make a kind of homage wall to my Aunt and Erin's father. Isn't that something?

There's more though! My mother is a cancer survivor. That's right, the same disease that stole my Aunt, my mother's half-sister, from us was beaten by my mother! I'm a little worried for any children me and Erin have, though, cancer on her paternal side, as well as my maternal side. Anyway, mom is going to be joining us on the trip. That's excellent news, because that means dad will be along as well. This means that I won't be doing all of the driving, dad will be driving too. This is great for us, because it means I can get more videos and pictures of the land, and we'll be looking into towing their car behind the RV. What do you guys think? I know most of you answer me on FB, and that's cool, but if you post here I won't be offended. Promise!

So Erin's thinking we might also hit up flea markets and swap meets along the way, selling her crafts and my mother's art work to supplement our income. I'm cool with the idea, but it's something I haven't really asked mom about yet. Dad is all for the idea of swap meets though, you can find some amazing things that way! We're also thinking about hitting up various salvage yards on our journey, looking for newer RV's that might have better cabinets and so forth that we might be able to buy cheaply. Keeping costs down is always a good idea! Thanks for reading folks, if you like what you read here please feel free to share. Have an awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment