Thursday, December 17, 2015

Life and Ethics

Okay, so I'm no longer working at Ticketmaster. Yeah, bit of an issue with attendance. Late too many times, which is funny because I was always early. O.o Missed a couple days too. Part of me wants to log into my work email from home, I do still have access. By the same token, I don't want to do anything beyond send a goodbye message, which should just about freak everyone who cared I'm gone out. Another part of me thinks that would be unethical, since I'm not there anymore. Erin's weighing in on the side of not doing it so I'm probably just not going to do it.

So what else is new? What's going on? I find myself with all the time I need to actually commit to this. Blogging, writing, my own honest reviews: I can do it all. I feel free again! The problem is, this doesn't really pay the bills right now. I'm not a one percenter, I don't see me suddenly becoming the next Larry Correia or David Weber. I'm just a guy with an opinion. To be fair, half the U.S. disagrees with me on any given topic. But hey, that is life, not so?

Then there's the ethics of it... Is it ethical for me to try and really make a living like this? Writing blog posts and reviews of various books, sitting at home behind a monitor doing my part for my Great Cause? Well, it turns out that making money blogging isn't easy. There are a few ways to do this. One, google adsense. It's a sexy program, and every time somebody clicks on a google ad I'd get paid. Nice idea, but I can't sign up until my blog is six months old or so. Then there's the Amazon Affiliates program. If you guys click on the link on the bottom, then buy anything at all from the website, I get paid a percentage. It doesn't cost you anything extra, but by clicking my link then buying something Amazon believes that I sent you there. It's a small percentage, true, but so what? Every little bit helps. And then there is my paid per view blogging, through another company. I've been working on it for a little bit... and I've made $6.15 so far. You laugh, it's a big deal for me. I'm waiting for the big $10.00!!!

Take care, friends, and please copy the link below and go there.. Every person is 2-4 cents!

http://www.softwarebroadcast.com/most-important-coding-languages-for-it-professionals-aid-18633

No comments:

Post a Comment