Monday, January 11, 2016

I reject your reality! I'll substitute my own.

Reality can be a stone cold witch. So, what can we do about it? My instinctive response is "Not much," but to be fair that's not really true. Oh, we're not going to start shooting fireballs out of our fingertips, nor turning our hated foe-men into frogs, sheep, or goats, don't get me wrong there. What we can do, however, is change our circumstances. Right now I'm living in a big place, and lately there's getting to be far too many people here. So change it: we're working on getting into an RV and touring the country, it's a dream both Erin's father and my Aunt Lynn shared, despite the pair of them being from opposite ends of the country. But there are other options as well.

Okay, so I'm a little cheat in one regard: I do write, even if I've never published anything more than the occasional blog post. I can lose myself in my head, thinking about the worlds I've created and selfishly kept all to myself! Well... there are tidbits here and there, little teasers into my head, but mostly it's still kept here. Well, I am actively working on sharing one with the lot of you soon, so that's something. When it's done I'll publish on Amazon and see if any of you think it's worth reading.What can I say, I hope you'll enjoy it! But there are ways other than trapping yourselves in my head to escape this reality. Hmm... but how?

Here's an idea: Movies, television, books, and video games! Just about everyone in the country does at least one of these things, though some of us do them all, and it's a fine escape from reality for a short time. One idea I had for a book was a man in a coma. He wakes up to find himself in a steampunk world where science works, but the whole world went a different route to get there. Maybe more dieselpunk. As you get further into the book, he is temporarily awakened from his coma and you learn that he's still alive. But is what happens in the world of his dream no less a reality? It feels real to him, smells real, he can still be hurt there, at least it seems that way to him. If he dies there, will he die here? He spends as much time as he can escaping our world to live in his, and the ending is a kicker. Someday I really MUST share with you. Any ideas of your own? I love hearing about them. See you on Facebook or G+!

No comments:

Post a Comment